I now have all of the flowers on the vase complete and have started on the big flower. Rainbow Gallery Frosty Rays is some fiddly stuff to work with but very sparkly and pretty. I had to order more cards of it, however, as last night I decided to do a satin stitch instead of the called-for buttonhole stitch in the stitch guide, and not ever having done a satin stitch before, well...let's just say I had to do some unpicking, TWICE!!! And now I am almost to the end of the one card I purchased.
After reading this great post by Janet Perry of Nuts About Needlepoint about doing satin stitch on flowers, I have used this method and am seeing some progress on the big flower.
And I changed the background stitch from basketweave to a diagonal scotch stitch. You can see it in the upper right-hand corner, as I wanted to see what it would look like.
Until next time...