Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Needlepoint Obsession

I have been crazy busy with work and life...and needlepoint!!!  I have been reading and researching and reading some more and stitching on this canvas, Flower In Flower Vase by Maggie & Co., using the stitch guide in the most recent issue of Needlepoint Now.  I did change the background to DMC floss from the perle cotton called for, and I am doing a simple basketweave stitch instead of the fancier one they had suggested.  Having a ball!  The Facebook Needlepoint group is utterly fantastic.  I am on there every day asking questions, commenting, and my wish list is growing seeing all of the wonderful canvases and everyone's stitching.  Amazing.


I found this great canvas on Ebay for a reasonable price, and with the stitch guide as well.  Cannot wait to get started on this one!


I have also been reading.  Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, the BEST book I have read ALL YEAR.  Highly recommend.  I was reading at breakfast, lunch, while making dinner, every minute I could get.  I have read all three of her books and love them. I also recommend Save As Draft by Cavanaugh Lee.  The whole book is told in e-mails, Facebook posts, texts.  Loved it.

Until next time...

12 comments:

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I love both those canvas! You are making me want to get my canvas of the cows in the flower field back out!! lol

Sharon said...

How wonderful that you are learning to needlepoint. I actually ordered my first canvas today. I want to try it as well. I would love to find more information about needlepointing-could you tell me the name of the facebook group please?

Lana said...

Lovely needlepoint! Thanks for the book recommendations!!

Stitchinowl said...

What beautiful canvases, especially Flower in Flower Vase. I just looked up Gone Girl on Amazon and its looks great! Thanks for the book recommendation.
Carolyn

Astrids dragon said...

Love Wicked!!! I'm so glad you are enjoying needlepoint, something else to keep you busy!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Both those canvases are adorable, Fiona!

Donna said...

The people on the Needlepoint group on facebook are amazing! It's so inspirational hanging out there. And there's plenty of free advice!

Enjoy!

ArchangelDecker said...

Your project looks lovely! Can't wait to see it finished. :)

Jackie's Stitches said...

You've selected some great canvases - I especially like the WIcked one.

Gone Girl was a potential group read for one of my Goodreads groups. It didn't make the cut (though I voted for it). I thought I'd read it on my own regardless. Glad to hear it was so good!

DJ said...

LOVE the wicked canvas!! Can't wait to see what you'll do with that one. The others you've been working on are fabulous too! I'm sorry you can't make it to the stitch day in July... I would have loved to see your traveling needlework stand as I've been searching for one for a long time. *Hugs*

Ada said...

Love following your progress on the flowers, they look great!! I too just finished reading Gone Girl and totally agree, you can't put it down. I just got her other two books and have already finished reading one of them-- I tried to read slower but it was too good and too suspenseful! You know a book is good when you hate to finish it!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

ooo I love wicked! That could get me into needlepoint!