Monday, March 26, 2012

It's Monday once again...

I find myself slow to get started on Mondays.  Allergies have been kicking my butt since yesterday, so not feeling the greatest.  These are the days where I am glad to work at home.  After sending BF off to work at the wee crack of dawn (we are up at 4:15 a.m. and he leaves at 5:00 a.m.) I decided to read a bit in bed and wound up sleeping a little bit longer.  I have lost interest in the House of Riverton.  It just became awfully boring as I got more into it.  I find myself drawn to young adult books.  I read a sample of Dead To You by Lisa McMann and promptly purchased it and cannot put it down!

I worked more on March Cottage on Sunday and I found a mistake in one of the sheep that has caused the grass beneath the sheep to be off by one hole, and while I would normally frog and restitch it, the whole counting for the cottage was based on that one mistake, so I decided to embrace the imperfection and just fudge it.  Our backyard is uneven, so this one can be also! LOL.

For those of you who have stitched March Cottage, for the windowpanes did you do a long stitch or backstitch?  For the first windowpane I did a long stitch.  I was just curious what everyone else has done.


I am contemplating what to stitch next when March Cottage is finished.  I am considering stitching the Desserts of the Month I purchased from Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery or even my restart of Country Cottage Needleworks Party Cakes

I do know, and I have said this before, but I have to place a moratorium on buying any more patterns until I get some of these stitched up, minus the monthly cottages, of course, as I am on auto ship for them from Down Sunshine Lane.  I spend $10 here, $5 there, et cetera, and it surely adds up at the end of the month to a considerable sum!!!  I started a Wish List page here on my blog for those patterns that catch my eye.   

I received the Liebster Blog award again, this time from Stitching Cat.  Thank you so much!  I am going to refrain from naming five additional blogs and five more facts about myself, as I had a difficult time coming up with ones for the first award!  I love all of the blogs I read.  The stitching community is a great resource of inspiration, creativity and friendship. 

Here is to the week ahead.  Hope yours is a good one!

3 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

Your cottage is so pretty! What a great idea to get the pattern sent to you automatically!

Veronica said...

March Cottage is looking great. I wouldn't have realized there's a mistake had you not mentioned it. It still looks fine to me :)

Hugs,
Veronica.

Sally said...

Your cottage looks gorgeous Danielle:)