Friday, December 17, 2010

Gimme an N!

And another letter complete on the LK Kit.  I love working on this one.

 
I think I have solved the fabric riddle.  28 cashel in Toasted Almond.  I e-mailed Lizzie*Kate again and basically said, okay, you have to give me something more, like at least a few names of fabric that you used so I can have a starting point instead of just "various neutral fabrics."  She e-mailed back and said offhand she remembered Light Mocha and Toasted Almond.  Hmmm, I had not seen Toasted Almond on any of the sites I had looked at.  Eureka!!  I think that is it!  Wyndham Needleworks had some, so I ordered an 18 by 18 piece.  I had found a piece of Light Mocha yesterday and held it up to the kit fabric and the kit fabric was just a little bit darker.  I hope it is Toasted Almond.  It is a really nice color of fabric.

I just received an e-mail from 1-2-3 Stitch they were not able to process my PayPal payment for the fabric I ordered yesterday that I told you all about.  I don't know why that happened, as I had a PayPal payment go through to Traditional Stitches for two magazines just yesterday.  Maybe it is a glitch in 1-2-3 Stitch's system?  I don't know.  But I just cancelled the order outright because I am pretty sure the fabric is Toasted Almond, so there will be no fabric giveaway :(  but I'll be saving myself some $$$.    

And, ooh, I found the most AWESOME board game yesterday, thanks to Plum Street SamplersDixit.  It has bunny pieces and art and the board is very pretty.  I e-mailed my brother yesterday to see if he had already bought my Christmas present, because if not, that game was what I wanted.  Alas, he had already bought it.  I mean, it is December 17th, you know?  So, it is on my birthday/Christmas list for next year.  One of my resolutions is to also not buy everything I see that I like, as I am apt to do, but instead put it on a wish list, so when someone asks next year what do I want, I have an answer.  I told BF about the game and about my list.  I said I am going to have the LARGEST list of anyone in the world!  And he just laughed.

I received some goodies in today's mail.  First up is the first thread pack in the newest Country Cottage Needleworks Cakes thread packs, Strawberry.  I can't wait to start this!

 

Next is my fabric and threads for iStitch's Sew Golden:  Crescent Colours Finley Gold and 28 count Ruby Cashel. 

Finally is the newest issue of Bookmarks magazine.  I LOVE this magazine!  It always has in-depth reviews on the latest books and I never come away without having found a new book to read.


Happy Friday to everyone!  Let the weekend begin!  Only 8 days until Christmas!

In peace, love and stitches,
Danielle

1 comment:

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely progress on Jingle. Glad you sorted the fabric out. Two new lovely projects by the looks of it.