OK. First up is TUSAL. Quite a bit of threads for the month of June. Mostly The Peony Garden.
OK. Now to Rainforest Crunch. When we last left off, I was doing Rainforest Crunch on 28 count Jobelan with Caron Waterlilies, using two threads over 1. I got to Block 6 and didn't like how it was coming out. I restitched the inside about three times and then just said, okay, I've got to move on. Well, on Block 7 I could not get the threads to lay right. It looked wrong, just so wrong. Frustrated is not even the word to describe how I felt.
Then I had the idea to try Aida, as it is stiffer than Jobelan and the threads may lay better. I tried 14 count Aida and 18 count Aida. Didn't like it. Not enough coverage with what I was doing.
So, I said, okay, let me try it like it is supposed to be stitched, with canvas, and Caron Watercolours. After getting used to how the threads lay and figuring out the best size needle for me (24), and watching a video online about how to start and end threads on needlepoint canvas, here is the result so far. Block 1 partially done. And I am liking it!!! Yes, I know I did not tape the sides of the canvas. I was too impatient to get started. I do have a roll of tape now and will tape the next canvas!
BF says he admires my determination to get this project stitched!
And another lesson learned, stitch something on what it is supposed to be stitched, and with the fibers it is supposed to be stitched with, at least for the most part. The designers know what they're doing.