Monday, July 18, 2011

Stitch Day at In Stitches

Yesterday, Jill and I traveled to In Stitches in Alexandria, Virginia for one of their Stitch-In events.  It is about an hour and 10 minute ride, but so worth it!  The fee was $20 and was from 1pm to 5pm.

Upon entering the store we checked in and received a welcome packet that included a free pattern from their clearance section, a $10 gift certificate to the store, and a door prize ticket.  They gave away about eight door prizes, which were totally wonderful, and that included in most a pair of scissors and a pattern completed kitted up with fabric and threads.

They also served a delicious lunch of many different kinds of sandwiches, crackers and dip, strawberry shortcake, a number of desserts, and soda, lemonade, water, and coffee.

All of the store employees and ladies in attendance were all very welcoming and very interested in what everyone was stitching, many of them walking around to see what each participant was working on.

The only issue I had is that there were no tables, only chairs set up in a large circle.  So, I had to balance threads, scissors and pattern on my knee.  Some people brought little fold-up tables, and I have such a table for when we go camping.  So, I told Jill next time we go I will bring the table and we can share it.

Also, everything you purchased in the store was 10 percent off, and if you spent $25 you received an entry for a drawing of a $100 gift certificate, which is to occur next week, I think.  I spent $50, so I have two entries!!!

All in all, a wonderful afternoon. We will definitely be attending again.  Their next one is supposed to be in October.

I purchased two bags, one to hold my needlepoint canvas, and one to hold threads for whatever project I am working on at the moment.



I also purchased the latest issue of Needlepoint Now and another pattern, Needle Delights Originals Cherry Cordial.


And since I gave Jill her present yesterday I can finally show all of you what I bought her at Bedecked & Beadazzled a few weeks ago.  As you well know if you read her blog, she loves anything to do with cupcakes.  So, while standing in line at B&B and watching the person in front of me spend $250!!!! on merchandise, I started looking around, and a stand of Needle Bling needle magnets caught my eye, and I saw a cupcake!  And it was the only one!  So, of course there was no question that I had to buy it for Jill, as I know she did not have it. 


So, all in all, a wonderful Sunday. 

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Sounds like a great time!!

Anonymous said...

Fun! I like your new bags!
Have a great day!
Jaimie